[Samba] Re: Winbindd question/problem

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Fri Dec 20 17:07:01 GMT 2002

Forgot to CC this to the list, so I'm sending it again.  Sorry for the
inconvenience.

I'm not too familiar with HP-UX so you may need to ask on the mailing list.

The first question that comes to mind is whether your nsswitch configuration
is correct.  Under Linux you edit /etc/nsswitch.conf, but I don't know about
HP-UX.  The relevent lines in mine look like this:

passwd:     files winbind nisplus nnis
group:      files winbind nisplus nis

The important thing is that 'winbind' be in there.

Secondly, make sure libnss_winbind.so.2 is installed in /lib.  'make
install' does not do this on its own.  Also, create a symbolic link to it
named /lib/libnss_winbind.so.  You may need to run ldconfig (or whatever the
HP-UX equivalent is) after doing this.

The absence of 'getent' shouldn't be a problem because it's only used for
testing.

I'm going to CC this to the samba mailing list in case someone with more
HP-UX experience than me has a suggestion.