[Samba] Winbind issues

Gareth Davies gdavies at willowbrook.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 15:32:26 GMT 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Coyle" <rcoyle at SuccessForAll.net>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 3:06 PM
Subject: [Samba] Winbind issues

> I have RH 8.0, and Samba 2.2.5.
>
> I have followed the Man pages and setup Samba,Winbind, and edited PAM
> settings. I am having some problems I was hoping you could help with.
>

> Here is some basic testing info I have performed based on the questions
you
> seem to ask.
>
> I have joined the domain successfully. (smbpasswd -j Domain -r PDC - U
> administrator)
> I can create a share, and browse if from Network Neighborhood.
>
> **
> wbinfo - t
> Secret is Good
> wbinfo -n DOMAINUSERNAME
> gives me the users sid
> wbinfo -m
> no results
> wbinfo -a  domain+user%password
> Plaintext password authentication succeeded
> error code was NT_STATUS_OK (0X0)

<snip>

Check that you have copied

/sambapackage/source/nsswitch/pam_winbind.so into
/lib/security/pam_winbind.so

Make sure you have copied /sambapackate/source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so to
/lib/libnss_winbind.so and done

ln -s /lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

Make sure you have added the correct entries to nsswitch.conf

Next do wbinfo -A Administrator%password (please not this IS DIFFERENT from
wbinfo -a)

All should be well.

Regards

Shaolin