[Samba] Newbie: Simple Samba Configuration

Geoffrey Lane freeballer at rogers.com
Fri Dec 20 15:28:14 GMT 2002

I've tried to install and get samba working twice already and I have no idea
what the heck is going wrong, at the same time my PC was re-formated so I
know all the old configurations are gone. I installed samba-2.2.3a-6 from the
redhat 7.3 CDs and want to take another crack at it. I was wondering if
either somebody could re-direct me to a VERY SIMPLE, NEWBIED configuration
guide for samba or perhaps help me by going through the process step-by-step
through an IM client or IRC or something. The second would really be prefered
cause I've already found and used two "newbie guides" to samba and both
didn't work for me. I don't want anybody to do the work for me, I just want
someone to walk me through it and if something goes wrong they can know what
steps I took, and what ones I didn't OR if the guides are wrong so I won't
make a mistake in the first place.

As for arrangement of meeting online, just email me back off the list and we
can talk about the when and where, I have AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and I'm familiar
with IRC...

Please help me out, I'd really appreciate it!
Geoff
====
There Are No Stupid Questions "It is better to look foolish for a moment than
to be ignorant for a lifetime." -Chinese proverb