[Samba] Samba 3alpha20 Bugs (FreeBSD 4.6)

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Dec 20 05:49:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 02:54, Laurent Hofmann wrote:
> hello,
>
> I would say that for Samba 3.0 alpha20 (and latter I suppose ) acting as PDC
> you must reenable "use spnego=yes".
> I say it because it is not clear, and I had to search a lot before finding
> why i could not log on.
> (it work with spnego=no with alpha17 !)

i've got spnego=no in a21 and a20 as a PDC with XPSP2 clients

hostname:~# grep spnego /etc/samba/smb.conf
        use spnego = No
hostname:~# smbd -V
Version 2.999+3.0.alpha21-0.nxp for Debian

> I've tried to set up add and delete scripts for everythings : add user

i've not tried to use the NT tools for user management.
(why would you want to?)

> I hope this can help ? I don't no if it is the right place for that... But
> i'm not sure all are bugs, it could be problems in my config, so I post
> here.
it's the right spot - it's hard to tell when to post to technical when
you're using a alpha.
I think for config questions samba is best.
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>