[Samba] Desperate Help Required Getting SAMBA back on line

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Dec 20 00:01:01 GMT 2002

Hmmmm..
You said the server was running in your first post.

OK. What happens when you type:
which smbd

If you get a response, then try smbd
This should start the daemon. I don't get any feedback when it starts up.
Try:
ps ax | grep smbd
to see if it is running

Joel