[Samba] Desperate Help Required Getting SAMBA back on line

Tom.Williams at diversifiedsoftware.com Tom.Williams at diversifiedsoftware.com
Thu Dec 19 22:39:01 GMT 2002

Run

netstat-a | more

and make sure the port smbd wants to use is NOT in use by some other
process. Just something to check.  Also, check syslog for log messages from
smbd.  Ports 137-139 are the ports you're interested in, I believe.

Peace....

Tom

                    "Dan Tappin"
                    <dan.tappin at orourk       To:     "Joel Hammer" <Joel at HammersHome.com>, <samba at lists.samba.org>
                    e-eng.com>               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: [Samba] Desperate Help Required Getting SAMBA back on
                    samba-admin at lists.        line
                    samba.org

                    12/19/02 02:19 PM

           "Our mission is to help our clients achieve more cost-effective
data center operations."

I am looking at it right now... the problem is that smbd will not even
start.  I have tried re-installing and nothing is working.

I try starting smbd -d from the command line and I get no feed back and
SAMBA does not start.  It is not even logging at all.

I must have really messed things up.

Dan