[Samba] Re: Samba problems with Sco Openserver

Adrian Stokes adrian_stokes at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 21:38:00 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrian Stokes
To: John H Terpstra
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 1:43 PM
Subject: Samba problems with Sco Openserver

Hi John,
            I emailed that chap you suggested, just got an out of office reply.
            I think I'm halfway there though,  I ran the following command

#smbclient -U% -L localhost

Added inetrface ip=192.168.x.x bcast= 192.168.x.x nmask=255.x.x.x
Session Setup Failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are Invalid.)

So I had a look in the /etc/inetd.conf file and added the following two lines

netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd smbd
netbios-ns dgram tcp nowait root /usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd nmbd

then ran kill -HUP id_no

re running the smbclient command above resulted in the same error message, I can connect to the share from a windows client by \\servername\sharename
it asks for password and accepts it this time.  I'm still confused about the error message above but I seem to be making headway.
Any input you can give will be greatfully recieved.

regards
Adrian