[Samba] Profiles and Win2000

Fridtjof Busse fridtjof.busse at gmx.de
Thu Dec 19 16:19:18 GMT 2002

On Thursday 19 December 2002 16:28, Arno Gramatke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FB> I still have a problem with Windows 2000 SP2 and Samba 2.2.7a:
> FB> I set DeleteRoamingProfiles to 1 and deleted all old profiles.
>
> I think the correct registry key is "DeleteRoamingCache".

Sorry, typo. I used DeleteRoamingCache

> FB> Now Windows sometimes creates/backups a local profile for every
> FB> user*and* every login, e.g.:
> FB> user.domain, user.domain.000, user.domain.001, user.domain.002...
> FB> I thought they were deleted after setting "csc policy = delete",
> FB> but they aren't.
>
> I'm not sure, but i think that "csc policy = ..." has got nothing to
> do with the deletion of profiles on the clients.
> See http://de.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#CSCPOLICY
> Apart from that you should set "csc policy = disable" for the profile
> share, to prevent windows client from offline(!) caching (this is not
> to be confused with saving the profile back to the server) the
> profiles. You might have noticed some entries in the event log,
> stating that there might be a problem with offline caching on the
> profile share).

User store their Profiles in ~/.Profiles (which works fine), I just need
to get rid of any local copies on the client.
After the patch and the deletion of the profiles, it looked like the
local profile would get deleted, but after some logins and logout,
those .000/.001 profiles appeared.

--
Fridtjof Busse
NT is the only OS that has caused me to beat a piece of hardware to