[Samba] Help : Samba 2.2.7a inlcude generates an error

Gerd-Christian Michalke gmichalk at freegates.be
Thu Dec 19 15:37:06 GMT 2002

Hello !

OK : I have set up samba 2.2.7a on a Cobalt RaQ 550. Hand compiled etc... it
works ok.

Now, I have set up netbios aliases in order to specify different shares to
appear when you select differnet shares.

My main smb.conf :

[global]
   workgroup = SERVEUR
   netbios name = PILS
   netbios aliases = carotte cobalt vlouchi
;   wins server = 192.168.0.200
   include = /etc/samba/smb.%L.conf
   wins support = no
   server string = Cobalt RaQ
   os level = 32
   security = user
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   max log size = 5000
   veto files = /Network Trash Folder/
   encrypt passwords = yes
   debug level = 1
;   guest account = ftp
   domain master = yes
;
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mask = 0755

and a sample smb.carotte.conf
[carotte]
        comment = Site Web Carotte
        path = /home/.sites/143/site2
        writeable = yes
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @site2

I can go on every netbios alias but carotte. When I put the carotte share
directly in the main smb.conf, it works, and when I put the carotte share in
comment it works to.

But, in the other case, when the file is actually included, Win2K tells me
that it cannot find the network path.

Can someone help me ?

Kind regards,
Gerd