[Samba] How do I get Samba to ignore SIDs in non-Domain workgroup?

lcea mdx lceamdx at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:19:01 GMT 2002

Half of my Win2K clients won't authenticate on my Samba 2.2.6a box on RH8.

I installed Win2K from two different Ghost images but I haven't run
sidgen -- the half that dont authenticate all came from the same image.

The other clients authenticate OK.

All the clients have the same username/passwd and smb.conf has:

[global]
    security = user

The clients are not part of a domain and dont use a WINS server.

Is there any way I can get Samba to disregard the different SIDs?

THX