[Samba] Odd problems with XP

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Thu Dec 19 09:37:01 GMT 2002

Your problem is complicated browsing with NT and samba.
Reason:
1. Use on your network on all machines and servers only one!! protocol
TCPIP.
2. Configure WINS server on NT PDC or BDC machine
3. In config tcpip on all clients set wins server to created IP.
4. In all samba server or clients set in smb.conf wins server = IP...

REM If need another protocol as netbeui or ipx on server or clients yuo must
disable browsing features for this protocols in regedit or confs...

Thats all.