[Samba] creating read/write files for everyone from a SAMBA client

Ron Smith ronnetron at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 05:26:01 GMT 2002

Can anyone tell me what to include or change in my 'smb.conf' files to
enable anyone accessing a 'SAMBA' server share to have '777' permissions for
directories, and '666' permissions on files they create, move or copy there?

I have two SAMBA servers running; one on an IRIX machine and the other on a
'Linux' machine in a LAN environment. The folks on the Win boxes can create
files on both machines, but I want the permissions on the directories and
files they create on the SAMBA servers to be accessable to eveyone else on
the LAN.

TIA
Ron Smith