[Samba] Large File support not quiet working..

CHS chs at 23.org
Thu Dec 19 01:12:00 GMT 2002

Hey all, I'd like some hints on getting LFS properly working. I've got a
samba server sharing a directory, and I've got a samba client (both client
and server are linux, slackware 7.1 and 8.1) that's mounting the
directory.

this is with samba 2.2.7a.

what happens is when I do an LS on the client in the mounted directory
with large files in it, I see strange numbers. I've created test files
both around 3 gigs each in size, an "ls -aFlh" displays the file sizes as
being "16E", a plain ls -aFl lists them as being:
18446744072380445270 and
18446744072635809792

obviously a lot larger than 3G.

when I configured the samba packages, I used "--with-libsmbclient
--with-ssl --with-smbmount --prefix=/usr"

I verified that "LFS support" in the configure output messages was
detected as "yes"

any ideas?

----
-- http://www.23.org/~chs/ -- AIM/AOL: bdsmchs
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon
the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
	Mahatma Gandhi