[Samba] Re: SMBFS files receiving incorrect timestamps

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Dec 18 22:02:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Jacob Anawalt wrote:

> tar: <filename>: file changed as we read it
> mtime tar puts into the archive: (no matter how many times I run tar)
> 2002-01-30 13:41:57
> This is the same value reported by the file properties on the Windows 2k
> server.

I posted something regarding this just now, but here is a repeat:

Find fs/smbfs/proc.c in your kernel source tree.
Search for smb_proc_close_inode().
See if changing any of the operations it does there helps.
  - remove the code after the "Kludge alert"
  - remove smb_proc_setattr_ext()
  - replace ino->i_mtime in the smb_proc_close() call with a 0

I have been a bit busy recently but I will eventually get around to
looking more closely at this.

/Urban