[Samba] BIG samba PDC problems

Mihai Barbos mihai.barbos at eurospider.com
Wed Dec 18 17:22:04 GMT 2002

I have Samba 2.2.7a PDC and BDC, using NIS+, on Solaris 8. After some
time clients are no longer allowed to connect (Connection denied
from...) and if I try smbpasswd -S (both on BDC and PDC) I get:

attempt_netbios_session_request: SYRIUS rejected the session for name
*SMBSERVER with error Not listening for calling name
fetch_domain_sid: machine SYRIUS rejected the NetBIOS session request.
Failed to get domain SID for DOMAIN

(SYRIUS is the PDC) The time till this happens varies from a couple of
day to maybe some minutes. I shut down the BDC and PDC and the restart
the PDC. Sometimes it starts ok, but sometimes it doesn't and I get the
same message when I run smbpasswd -S

The system run before without any problems with samba 2.2.2a on PDC and
2.2.5 on BDC. This started only after I upgraded the PDC from 2.2.2a to
2.2.7. I upgraded the BDC first and there was no problem.

Thanx in advance for any suggestions/solutions

Mihai Barbos