Solution (was Re: [Samba] Integrating a samba server in a samba controlled domain)

Gerd-Christian Michalke gmichalk at freegates.be
Wed Dec 18 17:10:12 GMT 2002

Hi again !

OK, after hacking a bit, that's how I solved the issue

- follow the instructions in the Winbind Howto and joining a Domain with a
linux box. This is all to be found in the PDF on the Samba.org site
- and : use a wins server.

I set up the PDC as a WINS server (I am I running against a Wall doing this
?), and set up the VLOUCHI server to use the PDC as WIns Server.

It seems to work.

Is it OK I did it that way ?

Have a nice day !

Regards,
Gerd Michalke

--
Gerd-Christian Michalke                              Home   :  +32 2 376 43 36
Gieterijstraat 59                                    Office :  +32 2 391 45 41