[Samba] Samba pdc, Norton Ghost enterprise edition and joining the domain?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Dec 18 13:54:01 GMT 2002

Hi List.

We have a Samba 3.0pre21 PDC set up here on our prim. fileserver. We use
Windows 2000 SP2 on our PC clients. We install clients with system images
from disk and than install applications from one central machine running
Norton Ghost EE.

Ghost has the functionality not only to install the software from the
"console" on the ghost server, but it is also able to make the clients join
the domain. So we would not have to go to the client, log in as admin and
join the domain, but could make this part of our remote installation
procedure.

However, we have not been able to do this with our samba pdc. Is there
anybody out there with a similar configuration and attempts to integrate
Ghost into a Samba-controlled domain? Or are there other (better) ways to
"remot-join" the domain?

Thank You, CU, Lars.