[Samba] Pretty much a newbie - Profiles and XP

mark lists at xinot.net
Wed Dec 18 13:14:01 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 12:49, Martin Peter Hanke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I make my Samba PDC create roaming profiles for my XP-Environments?
> Further I would like to know whether there is the possiblity to remote
> (from XP) administer the Samba-Server.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin
For the roaming profiles read the documentation.  It's covered in smb.conf(5).

For remote administration, there's swat which is included with the source code
distribution.  Most package maintainers split samba up into a myriad of
different packages and you'll have to look for it.  Might already be
installed.  Or you just ssh into your samba server and use the command line.
Which is my preferred method.