[Samba] Integrating a samba server in a samba controlled domain

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Wed Dec 18 10:25:01 GMT 2002

I rewrite you mail from list :

You have not yet joined the Samba machine to the domain, so the domain
controller doesn't know the machine yet. Here's what I understand you'll
need
to do; others may have more to say on the subject:

Use smbpasswd (as root) to add the machine VLOUCHI to the domain. There are
two
    ways this is done:

    a. If the computer's trust account is already set up on the domain
        controller, do:

> smbpasswd -j DN

where DN is the name of the domain you're joining.

   b. If the trust account is not set up on the PDC, do this:

> smbpasswd -j DN -U <username>

where <username> is a name authorized to add computers to the domain. If you
don't have such a username, you'll have to get a suitable admin to add the
trust account on the PDC and then do step a above.

HTH,

Ray Simard