[Samba] Integrating a samba server in a samba controlled domain

Gerd-Christian Michalke gmichalk at freegates.be
Wed Dec 18 09:37:01 GMT 2002

Hi !

I have followed the Samba-Howto, but I still have some problems.

Our network is composed of Win2K stations and two samba servers (2.2.5)
running under SuSE Linux 8.1.

HIROSHIMAN is configured as PDC (domaine CHERYLNET) and everything is running
fine, from login to share and printer access.

VLOUCHI is a second file server and its workgroup (thus domain) is also
CHERYLNET ; security is set to domain and password server to HIROSHIMAN.

The goal is that VLOUCHI shares the same userbase than HIROSHIMAN

After having logged on on the W2K station, when I go to HIROSHIMAN, everything
works fine. But when I first try to go to the VLOUCHI server, I am asked to
give in a login/pwd. I cannot connect to the server even if a provide a pair
which I know to exist on the PDC.

I also have create a Linux account for my test user on VLOUCHI, but this does
not help neither.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Gerd C. Michalke