[Samba] Virus Protection

Intrepid One trep at linuxmail.org
Tue Dec 17 23:13:01 GMT 2002

I am implementing a Linux server w/ SAMBA as the primary file server for a law office.  I need virus scanning on this system.  This is not a direct component to SAMBA, but I figured most SAMBA shops would have virus protection at the server level.

I looked at Trend ServerProtect (a closed-source & packaged product) but it has problems with multi-processor servers, and my server has dual processors.

Any recommendations.  Also as a sidenote, how does SAMBA work with SMP (multi-processors)?

Thank You
--
Intrepid