[Samba] Add workstation to Samba PDC

Kenneth Illingsworth ILLINGSK at cityofrochester.gov
Tue Dec 17 21:00:02 GMT 2002

I configured SAMBA as a stand alone PDC. However, when I try to add a workstation via its system properties dialog, the workstation tells me that the account I specified does not have the right to add workstations to the new domain. I created the account via SWAT Passwords, and it showed up in the smbpasswd file ok. There is a Linux account with the same name that has the same group memberships as the root account. But, I cannot see how to give it this specific right.  I would be grateful for any direction in this matter.

Thank you in advance for your time.

[global]
        workgroup = COFRNY
        netbios name = COFR3
        server string = Samba %v  PDC on (%L).
        interfaces = 172.17.60.6/255.255.255.0
        security = DOMAIN
        update encrypted = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        password server = *
        smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        load printers = No
        domain admin group = @wheel