[Samba] Trouble with my printer

Kalkoul Morad M-Kalkoul at arte-tv.com
Tue Dec 17 17:17:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am on RH 8.0 and samba 2.2.7-1 .

Why when I share my printer  on my linux my xp client can not connect to it.
It can see it in "network neighbourhood" when I want to connect it , the
message is : Refused access. Impossible connexion .  And On W98 box , a
printer connected to this LPR has status to < ERROR > . I know that It's
caused by my smb.conf:

[global]
        workgroup = ARTE
        netbios name = SCRIBE
        server string = Scribe: serveur d'impression Samba %v
        security = SHARE
        log file = /var/log/samba/smb%U.log
        max log size = 50
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 172.25.4.12
        guest account = invite

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[APOLLINAIRE]
        path = /var/spool/samba
        read only = yes
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer name = APOLLINAIRE

Someone can help ? Thanks in advance, Mo