[Samba] oplocks and samba 2.2.7

Mark Ferlatte ferlatte at cryptio.net
Mon Dec 16 20:12:00 GMT 2002

begin  Simo Sorce quote on Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 12:15:21AM +0100:
> You got me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with debian, and use it with much
> joy. I do know debian only vaguely, just I see that sometimes it is
> really very slow, 10 months is really a lot of time without an upgrade.
> I'm ok with good scrutiny, but it seem that samba has been forgotten
> this time :-)

But it's _really_ easy to rebuild samba from source for Debian if you
want a newer version... the debian packaging, with instructions, is
available in the .tar.gz.  I do it all the time.

I figure that the stability of Debian just allows me to worry about the
actual problems on my network/systems, instead of playing the "we must
perform an upgrade" dance all the time.