[Samba] re large files with 2.2.7a

Patrick Blitz blitz at thegrahamschool.org
Mon Dec 16 18:49:00 GMT 2002

hey..i hope this was also adressed at me..
well, i tried both, to do a smbclient //hostname/share -Tc localdir/file to
copy the file ( >2 gbyte) to the unix machine. and i also tried to do a
normal smbclient login and then to "get" the file. the smbclient -T starts
to trunc the file, it's suddenly much smaller. the get in the smbclient
shell let's the file growth infinte, until it fills the whole hdd (80Gbyte
:-( ) any idea?
(we got around it with having smaller backups, and doing most of the stuff
with smbclient -T directly out of the main directorys, not the windows
backup. but that's not really, what i want/like.
thx
patrick