[Samba] The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted

Cristian Grigoriu cristian.grigoriu at provus.ro
Mon Dec 16 17:27:09 GMT 2002

I get the above error every time I try to join a workstation to the
domain (Samba 2.2.7-1). Googling for it, I came across  Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article - 256083 which sais something --among others --
about a SRV record. I'm using tinydns and I have found a tool (make-srv)
which might work. My question is, how is that record supposed to look
like?

Anyway, if you know some other method I could get rid of the problem in
the $subj, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Thank you,
Cristian Grigoriu