[Samba] Re: OS X slow with Samba server

Jeff McClure ng_samba at slidingconstant.net
Sun Dec 15 18:48:01 GMT 2002

I tried your suggestions. 2.2.7a helps, but not enough. FTP works just
fine to either server. Here are the numerical results thus far:

data: MP3 file, 18564299 bytes

using FTP (OS X client=NCFTP)
Linux (server=ProFTPD): 38 seconds
Windows (server=WFTPD): 45 seconds

using SMB (OS X client=native OSX mount point)
Linux (server=Samba 2.2.3a-12 Debian): 6 minutes, 9 seconds
Linux (server=Samba 2.2.7a)          : 5 minutes, 21 seconds
Windows (server=native Win2k server) : 1 minute

There's still something going on. Any suggestions on what to check next?

Thanks,
Jeff