AW: [Samba] File Systems - Which one to use?

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Sun Dec 15 18:10:00 GMT 2002

On December 15, dkrnic at t-online.de said:
> usage. There's something about the way Linux tends to use
> up all of the memory available that I find strange compared
> to commercial *nices. But to go overboard and claim swap

Solaris does this also. Only since 2.7 (I think) have you been able to
find out that the used memory is in fact just disk cache blocks that
will be released as soon as you need them for real memory.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Quantum teleporting is problematic for humans because the original is
 destroyed in the process of creating the replica." -- Australian News article