[Samba] UNIX with samba .vs. native Windows Server , how to compare thei r performance for Windows-biased management

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Dec 13 22:28:00 GMT 2002

Go with a GNU/Linux system and get the best of the two worlds:
Unix power
and
cheap hardware

btw, I cannot believe they say managing a windows box is more
comfortable, have you ever showed your boss how much time his NT admins
need to spend to "easily" click trough endless number of windows?

I always found Unix machine much faster to administer,
and it can be done easily also remotely (and _securely_) through SSH.

Let's not talk of automation through scripts, Windows simply does not
exist in that field.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399