[Samba] roaming profile fails with NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Dec 13 20:45:54 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 12:50, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> On 8 Dec 2002, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
>
> > [2002/12/08 01:50:29, 3] smbd/error.c:error_packet(110)
> >   error packet at smbd/nttrans.c(83) cmd=160 (SMBnttrans)
> > NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL
> >
> > is this error message a red herring?
>
> Yes.  It means that the rpc reply had to be fragmented across
> mutiple SMBs.
>
> Are you using CVS?  or an alpha snapshot?
a20 snapshot

I finally got things running at about 3am on monday morning
by wiping out all the tdb files, starting with a new SID,
re-imaginging all my clients, and finally rejoining the all to the
domain.  I also had to wipe out everybody's profiles and start with new
ones.

It's alpha software - i knew what i was getting into - no whining here.

anyway - i've got things running ok on a20 now.
I do get runaway smbds once or twice a day (see posts to
samba-technical)...
i'm going to try to reproduce those in a21 and/or the head of SAMBA-3.0
from cvs

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>