[Samba] Any experience with Latest SMB Patch fro

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Fri Dec 13 16:42:00 GMT 2002

Hello Everyone,

	I was just reading up a bit on the latest MS patch that affects SMB.

	Here is a quote that I read about it:

"...Windows Server Message Block (SMB) protocol which could enable group
policy on domain controllers to be modified. Flaws in cryptographic
signing implementation used by MS in SMB are the root cause of the
problem. These flaws are fixed in Win XP SP1 or through a separate patch,
released yesterday, which is designed to address the problem on Windows
2000 boxes."

	Does this change in any way affect Samba? Has anyone tested out this
patch before spreading it across all their Windows 2K/XP workstations?

	Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I wish to avoid any headaches
that I can avoid on the network here.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer