[Samba] \\FILESERVER is not accessible. Access is Denied Error message

Sean Chambers sean at gwchosting.com
Fri Dec 13 14:11:00 GMT 2002

I got it so my logfile no longer complains about invalid user. I was creating a machine trust account but not an actual user account. I am still having 2 problems.

When i attempt to log onto the domain at bootup I put in my username and password and select DARCSTAR for the domain to log onto and it tells me almost instantly:

"The Domain DARCSTAR is not available."

So i just log in on the local machine and type \\FILESERVER in a command prompt. a username/password box appears, i put in my username and password and it tells me:

\\FILESERVER is no accessible. Access is Denied

in the log file it doesnt give me an error it just says:

Allowed connection from 192.168.1.100 (which is my win2k box).

I'm sorta stumped as to what is the problem. I read through the pdf file that someone gave me yesterday but it didn't explain about the error message I am receiving.