[Samba] Printproblem WinXP / Samba / Cups

Phil tooltime666 at gmx.de
Thu Dec 12 23:14:01 GMT 2002

I'm using Samba 2.2.3 (Debian-testing) and CUPS 1.1.15 with a HP-Deskjet950c

Printing from all Linux-Clients works fine.
I also can print any document from the Windows-Boxes ( XP & 2k ).

The Problem is : If I want to make more copys than one I still get one paper printed out!
This problem only appears when printing from Windows to the Samba-Share.

I also tested lpr/lpd printer spooling system -> same result:
With Windows I could only make one copy of the document.
With Linux all works fine.

my smb.conf :

[global]
   workgroup = IMMORTUX
   netbios name = blub
   guest account = blub
   server string = %h server (Samba %v)
   load printers = yes
   printcap name = /etc/printcap.cups
   printing = bsd
# I also testet with option 'cups' and without option 'print command' > same result..

   invalid users = root
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   security = share
   encrypt passwords = false
   dns proxy = no
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
   obey pam restrictions = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = yes
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -o raw -P%p -r %s
   create mode = 0700
   guest ok = yes

I read the docu without getting new ideas so the mailinglist is my last hope *g*
thx4reading

Phil