[Samba] Delayed Write Fail

Jacob Smith jacob at globalsat.com
Thu Dec 12 21:48:01 GMT 2002

Hi,
   I am running 2.2.7 and RH 7.2 kernel 2.4.18 and am experiencing a delayed
write fail error from Windoze.  This occurs when I open a MS word document
(excel or whatever) and edit the document and then save the file and get the
error.  I have done a lot of research on this and have not really seen a
good solution.  I have synced my workstations with my server and that has
not resolved the problem.  I have screwed with the oplocks.  Nothing seems
to work. I have also seen some information about disabling LanMan redirector
in Windoze to solve this problem.  Has anyone encountered these problems?
Any idea of how to fix these? Thanks ahead of time.

Jacob R. Smith
Teleport Technician
Globalsat Communications
jacob at globalsat.com