[Samba] oplocks and samba 2.2.7

Sam Barasch barasch at biostat.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 12 21:41:02 GMT 2002

Yeah, we've got kind of a big system too - our one samba server provides
services for users in three buildings on campus, and no one from our
support team (about 7 end-user support staff members) has heard of any
oplock problems since our upgrade.

It could be that something else has changed, network-infrastructure-wise ,
but I really doubt it.

Anyway, I ask every year for the department to send me to the Samba
conference - is it going to be in Germany again?