[Samba] Printing - "lprm command" not getting executed

David Neilson DNeilson at westfam.com
Thu Dec 12 19:12:01 GMT 2002

Joel:

At first, I thought I could delete the files.  What would happen is the
Window client's Printer Status Window would show them as deleted, and after
I killed the hung application, the print job would start (after a few
minutes delay).  Note that the hung application could be Notepad or Word
(which were the only two I tried).

At the time that was happening, the only entry in the lpd.perms file was
DEFAULT ACCEPT.

Now, however, I changed lpd.perms to have the following entries:
ACCEPT SERVICE=C,M REMOTEIP=172.16.0.0/255.255.0.0
DEFAULT ACCEPT

Now I am able to delete documents from the Windows PC, but the application
(Notepad or Word) will hang.

I have not yet tried the suggestions from your latest email, but I will and
get back to you with that information as soon as I do.

Thanks for your help.