[Samba] Question about winbind documentation

Gabriel Matthews gabriel at cinergycom.com
Thu Dec 12 18:19:00 GMT 2002

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit lost here.

I want to set up winbindd on my server to do all the authentication stuff,
and in the man page it says this:

In /etc/pam.d/* replace the auth lines with something like this:

auth       required	/lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       required	/lib/security/pam_nologin.so
auth       sufficient	/lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass shadow
nullok

Okay... /pam.d/*  mean to replace those lines in every file within the
pam.d folder?  because there are quite a few files in there, and I don't
want to go in and edit them all, unless I really have to.

Gabriel