[Samba] PDF printing problem - can't find Samba's spool file?

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Thu Dec 12 17:19:00 GMT 2002

-----[ DavidB at mail.interclean.com wrote on 12/12/2002 11:56 AM -0500 ]-----

> One other thing -- I know my manually set 'print command' is being executed
> because I get debugging output from my script.
> --

>> > [pdf2]
>> >         path = /export/spool

OK, I think I saw in your earlier posts that you are using open permissions on the /export/spool
dir. Just for completeness sake, have you tried it in a really open dir, like /tmp?

I also use CUPS, but I have not set up SAMBA to use the printing = cups option. I was trying to
troubleshoot something else when I turned it off, never turned it back on. I am using printing =
lprng. My [pdf] section looks just like yours. The main difference is that I am using /tmp as a
"spool" for the pdf script to work in.

     --Ben--

Ben Griffith
bgriffit at email.unc.edu