[Samba] PDF printing problem - can't find Samba's spool file?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu Dec 12 16:20:01 GMT 2002

If you had actually looked at the information I posted, you'd have noticed
that I had decided to do what everyone else seems to be doing with their PDF
printers, and avoided the printing system altogether.  I didn't post that
information because it didn't seem relevent to the question.

> > [pdf2]
> >         path = /export/spool
> >         printable = yes
> >         guest ok = yes
> >         print command = /usr/local/bin/mkpdf2.pl %s %U %I
> >>/tmp/pdf.log
> > 2>&1
> >         lpq command =
> >         lprm command =

This won't go through the printing system at all, will it, since I've
specified a 'print command' entry?  My problem is that Samba never seems to
create the job file in the /export/spool directory.  It just isn't there
when my script is called by Samba.

However, if the information will satisfy your sarcasm reflex, I was
previously using LPRng, but a RedHat security update seems to have changed
me over to CUPS 1.1.14.