[Samba] Logon using windows domain

Mike Dawson websupport at nqe.com
Thu Dec 12 15:52:01 GMT 2002

Hi
I am trying to allow users to log onto a Linux machine using their windows
logons.
I am running SuSe 8.0 and am new to Linux.
I have joined the domain and if I type getent passwd I get a list of domain
users.
I can type finger -l myname and get info about me.
There is also a list of domain users on the KDe login screen.
But when I try and telnet into the machine I get told the password is wrong
(yes i am typeing the correct password).
Can someone possible tell me where I may be going wrong.
 any help would be appreciated

thanks