[Samba] Problem with smbclient and domain logon

Sean Chambers sean at gwchosting.com
Thu Dec 12 15:03:00 GMT 2002

for each user,
first i gave them a linux account by doing:

useradd sean$
passwd sean$ (changed the password)

then

smbpasswd -m -a sean

it then said it added the user sean$

then i did smbpasswd sean

changed the SMB password for user sean$

then:
smbpasswd -e sean$

and it says it enabled the user, but still i get the error
I check /etc/samba/smbpasswd and the user sean$ is in that file....

do i also have to put the user into smbusers manually?
right now it only has:
admin = root
nobody = guest

not sure if i have to add anything to that?

thanks