[Samba] samba PDC problems

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Dec 12 14:18:04 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 01:35, ___cliff rayman___ wrote:
> ---- snip -----
>          Error:  This computer could not locate a domain controller
> for the
>          Active Directory domain displayed in the error message
> because the
>          Domain Name System (DNS) servers used by this computer for
> name
>          resolution failed to look up the service (SRV) resource
> record.
>          Cause:  The DNS SRV resource record is not registered in DNS.

> port 389 in my /etc/services file is ldap.  i am not sure what is
> causing it to want
> to do ldap on my computer and not on anyone else's.

AD uses ldap for its account db...
Was this ever a part of an active directory domain?
For some reason  it seems like the XP thinks that
the domain is an active directory domain...

I think that srv record that it refers to is something special that ms
does to dns.

Is there an active directory domain somewhere else on the network?
> i need to get this solved, so let me know if there is anything
> else i can provide that will help.
just keep working on it - we'll get it straightened out eventually.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>