[Samba] libsmbclient init error

Siffie Joe siffiejoe at gmx.net
Thu Dec 12 13:10:02 GMT 2002

On 12.12.02 13:22, Razvan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use libsmbclient that comes with samba (2.2.7). Even if i
> take testsmbc.c that comes with samba (as an example program for
> libsmbclient) I get an "No such file or directory" error. Where is the
> problem? I though it might be that it cannot find smb.conf, but i don't
> know how to fix this.

You need a file ~/.smb/smb.conf
A symbolic link to the global smb.conf should work, or you supply your
own minimal config file.

I think you need at least the following parameters:

[global]
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   name resolve order = lmhosts wins bcast
# "wins support" if you are running your libsmbclient program on the
#  wins server
;  wins support = yes
# "wins server" should always work (instead of "wins support")
#  set the ip of your wins server here...
   wins server = 192.168.0.1

> Thanks

Hth,
Philipp