[Samba] File Permissions

kumar annamalai kumar_srk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 13:06:00 GMT 2002

Hi All

I am using the PVCS application for the version
control and this is in turn stored onto the unix
system. We map it onto the windows using samba and use
the same.

my concern is when i use the pvcs , the files will be
limited to the owners (unix) only and others will not
be given privileges to use the same.

If i want the others also to access the same i need to
give the group permission also , but when given group
permission the user will be free to delete the files
too which cannot be tracked.

is there any way to give users full access but the
user should be restricted from deletion.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Pls do the needfull .

Thanks

Regds
Kumar