[Samba] Using the right network interface

Eric Boehm boehm at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Dec 12 13:00:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 11:16:39PM +1100, Simeonidis, Steve wrote:

    Steve>  Thanks for that, I'll give it a go!  Will nmbd work
    Steve> properly if one "interface" belongs to a different domain
    Steve> than the other?

What kind of domain do you mean? A Windows domain or a DNS domain? If
its a DNS domain, I don't think it matters. If it is a Windows domain,
I am not sure.

I'm not sure I understand the question. In the link for the thread I
sent you

The examples I provide run a separate smbd *and* nmbd for each
interface.

BTW, I built 2.2.5 and it only binds to one interface for me if I just
specify

interfaces = 192.168.1.1/24

even if "bind interfaces only = yes" is commented out.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortelnetworks.com       \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail