[Samba] samba PDC problems

Sean Roulet sean at artradis.com
Thu Dec 12 04:13:02 GMT 2002

Hi Cliff,

I don't know if this will work, but short of the DNS error, you seem to be
having a problem that I encoutered some time ago, (I used to get a "user
does not exist" error) and I fixed it as follows.

The smbpasswd file contains the usernames and computers.

I found that opening it in a text editor and moving the Win2K computername
entry that couldn't join up to below the root user. (include all unix and
windows hash.)

Then I saved the file, and tried again.  And it worked.  I don't know why
this is, but it seems that if computers are far down in the list, they
aren't found by samba.  (or windows times out, I don't know which).

Sean

PS: I had posted a question about this to the list zonks ago, but got no
answers.

Sean Roulet

Technology Manager

Artradis Fund Management Pte Ltd
#11-01 Royal Brothers Building
Raffles Place, 22 Malacca Street
Singapore 048980

Tel: +65 6538 1998
Fax: +65 6538 8331

---------------------------------
This message is strictly confidential and intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s). The recipient of this communication should not copy,
disclose or distribute this communication without permission from Artradis
Fund Management Pte Ltd. This communication is for information purposes only
and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an
offer to buy any financial product, or as an official statement of Artradis
Fund Management Pte Ltd.
The material is based upon information that we consider reliable, but we do
not represent that it is accurate or complete, and it should not be relied
upon as such.  As such, we accept no responsibility or liability for the
accuracy or otherwise of such information.