[Samba] Losing share connections?

John Blue jblue at bestpond.com
Thu Dec 12 02:44:12 GMT 2002

I seem to have Samba working generally (for a Linux newbie).

I am using SuSE 8.0 & Samba 2.2.3a and have a small network.
Presently my main PC runs NT4.0 sp6a.

Using LinNeighborhood I can browse the NT PC from a linux PC,
and have mounted the drives OK. In LinNeighborhood I set a
preference to memorise mounted shares, remount on the startup.

What puzzles me is that after a period of inactivity, most often
overnight, but also during the day after an hour or two. I lose these
shares. I may go to copy or move a file via Konqueror from the NT
PC to the SuSE PC and find I cannot see the files. I then need to go
back to LinNeighborhood and remount the particular NT drives.

I feel sure that this shouldn't be necessary and have been reading
the How to's and troubleshooting guides, but I haven't as yet found
an answer.

I still have a couple of other issues with my setup which I am working
through with the excellent array of documentation available, but this
one has me puzzled. Any help/advice or pointers to additional
ReadMe m,aterial appreciated!

John

This email has been pre-scanned using the latest Anti Virus
software for your peace of mind.

Please remember to maintain your own anti virus up to date with
the latest reference files.