[Samba] lprm command not getting called.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Dec 12 02:37:01 GMT 2002

Well, I can detect a note of desperation creeping in. Now, this is where the
real learning begins.

Some ideas:

You are using lprng, not cups, right?

Just for fun, try:

strings `which smbd` | grep command | less

and see what commands smbd recognizes.

You might try other commands, like lppause and queuepause and see if they
are being ignored.

Since this may be all permissions, try this:
lprm command = echo "you tried to remove me" %s > /tmp/junk

We assume permission on /tmp are proper? Mine are:

drwxrwxrwt

Joel