[Samba] lprm command not getting called.

David Neilson DNeilson at westfam.com
Thu Dec 12 01:55:01 GMT 2002

I have configured Samba on both a RH Linux 7.2 box and Solaris 8 box and am
not able to remove print jobs.  The lprm command is not getting called.  I
know that for a fact because I changed lprm command to equal a script which
will log when it is called.  And that script is never called.  There are no
errors in any log files - system or samba.

The printing parts of the smb.conf file are:

[global]
printcap nbame = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba/public
browseable = no
printable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
create mode = 0700

[lp99]
comment = test printer
create mask = yes
writable = yes
public = yes
guest ok = yes
hosts allow = 172.16.
printable = yes
printing = lprng
print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
lprm command = /tmp/lprm %p %j     # This script logs if it is called.  It
never is.

David Neilson
Western Family Foods, Inc.
System Administrator