[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a still broken for me

rossd at me.berkeley.edu rossd at me.berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 11 23:38:01 GMT 2002

pk. I am now running Samba-2.2.7a and RedHat 8,
and i am still having a problem with files > 2gb in size.

after i mount a Windows share, I can't create large files
on it.

#ulimit -f
unlimited
#mount -t smbfs -o username=3D'Administrator',password=3D'***'
   //x.x.x.x/C$ /mnt/win2kserver_cdrive

which successfully mounts the windows share on my linux box.

but if i=20
#dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/mnt/win2kserver_cdrive bs=3D1k count=3D3000000

at the 2gb mark, i get a=20
File size limit exceeded
error.

Samba 2.2.7a supposedly fixed this problem, didn't it?

--
'As we enjoy great Advantages from the Inventions of others we should
be glad of an Opportunity to serve others by any Invention of ours,
Ross Dmochowski   /  Programmer Analyst III  \   rossd at me.berkeley.edu
UC Berkeley Mechanical Engineering, 2113 Etcheverry Hall, 510-643-0873
PGPID#:0x631A3396